Strategies
WoWProgress Rank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubbleaussie

re: Jin'Do the Godbreaker

Jin'Do the Godbreaker *Final Boss in Zul'Gurub*

It has recently come to my attention that there are many people in this guild that either do not know this encounter or simply do not understand its mechanic.
As such I have come up with a working strategy for this encounter and a link to a helpful video.
This may seem long winded but it is my experience to date, that people REALLY do not understand the specifics of this encounter.

Phase 1:

Abilities:

Dead zone - (big green bubble) Reduces magic damage take by 90% but reduces cast speeed by 90%

Shadows of Hakkar - Imbues his weapon with a shadow ability that chain hits all party members with shadow damage

This phase is simply a burn phase while jumping in and out of the 'dead zone'. Approximately 20seconds into the fight, he will cast his first dead zone. All party members must get in this zone before he casts his second ability, 'Shadows of Hakkar'. This is to reduce the shadow damage taken by all party members whilst Jin'Do is attacking the tank. This ability is a buff on the boss and can be seen when looking at the boss avatar. 'Shadows of Hakkar' lasts 8seconds, after which it is safe to leave the 'dead zone'.
It is imperative for the tank during this phase to drag Jin'Do out of the dead zone, then reposition yourself so you are in it. This is to prevent the boss from recieving the beneficial buff the zone grants, reducing magic damage taken by 90%. Not taking the boss out of the zone makes your spell casters effectively useless during this phase.

Once the boss is reduced to 70% HP, he will enter phase two.

Phase Two:

Abilities:

Hakkar Chains (3) - HP 1,161,916 (Holds the boss in the spirit world and is the effective 'boss' of the phase 2 encounter)

Brittle Barrier - Forms a barrier over the chains to prevent 100% of income damage. (Vulnurable to body slam)

Gurubashi Spirit - Large abomination spirit - HP 320,000, Casts body slam on a random party member

Body Slam - Jumps on random target dealing 15k damage and breaks 'brittle barrier'

Twisted Spirits - HP 29,446 Randomly appear throughout phase 2

Shadow Spike - Deals 50k+ shadow damage

This phase is the make or break phase of the encounter, and is often a PuG killer. Jin'Do enters a shadow world and dissapears. During which spirit of Hakkar will appear bound by three chains. These three chains are protected by a 'brittle barrier'. The abomination adds killed before the boss encounter are now 'Gurubashi Spirits' and are to be pulled one at a time to the top platform by the tank.
The Gurubashi spirit will randomly cast body slam on a party member. All party members should be within a few yards of any of the three chains. This is causes the 'brittle barrier' to break when it also takes damage from the body slam. At this point the chain is vulnurable ALL dps must kill it quickly.
In between dpsing chains when they have had their barrier removed the dps must kill the wandering twisted spirits. These spirits have only 29k HP but hit for 30-50k, (depending on the class) they are easily two shot and must be dealt with promply, they often kill your healers and overstanck on the tank killing them also. Do not stand still and take hits from these adds. kite them and kill them if they are in melee range, your healer does not need to heal through unnecessary damage.

Once the 'Gurubashi Spirit' has been killed, the tank will need to go and pull up another. This is to be repeated untill all chains have had their barriers broken and been destroyed, ending the encounter. One thing to note is upon there being one chain left alive, 'Twisted Spirits' will spawn at a much faster rate. This acts is the point to use any and all CD's and burn the chains as quick as possible.

One last note: During the phase two encounter...just to make it a little more intersting, purple clouds will appear under your feet, 3seconds later a shadow spike will fall in that zone and deal 50-60k shadow damage to anyone dumb enough to be still standing in it...please dont stand in stupid!

I hope this strat has helped anyone not knowing the fight or not fully understanding the encounters mechanics.

Forum Image
yourmagisty
In-Game Rank 1

thanks bubble, as you know from experience i was totally clueless

"It is imperative for the tank during this phase to drag Jin'Do out of the dead zone, then reposition yourself so you are in it. This is to prevent the boss from recieving the beneficial buff the zone grants, reducing magic damage taken by 90%. Not taking the boss out of the zone makes your spell casters effectively useless during this phase. " This part not really needed, I find. When I'm tanking. Just makes p1 last a few seconds longer altogether.

Thanks for the strat bubble!
Bubbleaussie

Just added it to emphasize the ability of the 'dead zone', got a little carried away with adding every detail will try to make my next strat a little more practical, assuming people know the general mechanics

Thanks for the reply guys

*And YM, I still love ya despite my 5am bedtime/coma :D haha*
PapaYama

excellent write up, i just wish we can get more people to READ the write ups instead of having the RL vocalize it and have peoples eyes glaze over ALA leroy jenkins
[Premier] Kallus
In-Game Rank 1

Esp since it's the last boss for the 5man in ZG so potentially can be seen more than raid bosses. Hoping our new members will start to shine and join us on the forum.

Jump to: