Strategies
WoWProgress Rank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyriz12

re: Valiona and Theralion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_eIBcANP8

above is example there at the very end of how keeping engulfing magic in raid kills people. plus it shows the 25 man version. Below shows the fight with detailed explanation but is only 10 man versoin. Only difference is the double engulfing magic versus the single in 10 man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280cUwlzlOg

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
shepk9

re: Valiona and Theralion

Tonight was my first night seeing this in person. Movies don't do it justice, great fight.

Couple things that threw me off was the counter for Blackout.

Both DBM and BigWigs puts up a counter and drops it dead center of screen at 10sec. At the end of 10 sec is when she actually targets and begins casting Blackout, have 3 seconds after that to be grouped. So what I started doing is at 2-3 seconds, start heading to the tail. Whether I got it or someone else did, we'd meet up there at the same time. Solved that problem. Players run average 5 yrds per sec, should be a good time basis, can adjust per personal reaction time (add 1 sec per beer).

Devouring flames was the next one. One of the problem I had was maintaining range. Some players insisted on running around and jumping like kangaroos all over the place. Sometimes was a bit disorienting when relocating to get away from them and DBM flashes across the screen " Devouring Flames". Last time I was targeted, and about 40yrds away from the boss, and smacked into a wall trying to get out. I found this quote on wowwiki that makes it sound easier.

Quote:
Theralion will fly into the air when pulled, Valiona will melee players. Players should be in a tight circle around Valiona so as to run through her when she casts Devouring Flames. Players need to spread out for Twilight Blast, but quickly group up when Blackout is cast so it can be safely dispelled.

That solves that one. Twilight Blast only does 30k damage - resistance, so its not extremely important to keep 8 yards, won't kill you. Worry about Devouring Flames and yell at the kangaroos.

"Twilight Meteorite" smoked me when I used a soulstone and couldn't locate the ranged group. so soaked the entire 170k myself.

Other than that, looked ok, can't wait to try it again now that I've a good chuck of it up close.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Premier Forum Index -> Boss Strategies All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: